This danger POOL UNDER CONSTRUCTION KEEP CHILDREN OUT sign is available in a variety of sizes and materials.
QLD Sign Requirements – Must Select 600x450mm in Size to meet text height regulation.
If you’re building a swimming pool, you must display a sign stating it’s under construction before construction starts.
The warning sign must:
- warn people that a swimming pool is under construction and there is a danger to young children accessing the land (e.g. ‘Danger. Swimming pool under construction. Keep children out.’)
- be placed within 1.5m of the land’s road frontage
- be mounted so the bottom of the sign is at least 300mm above ground level
- be positioned so it’s visible from the road
- be made of weatherproof material
- have the warning written in bold text at least 50mm high.
All signs are available in the following materials:
- Vinyl Sticker – Heavy duty self adhesive sticker
- Corflute – Corrugated plastic ideal for temporary use on building and construction sites and can be easily fixed to chain wire fences.
- Poly (Plastic) – Comes with rounded corners and pre-drilled holes in each corner ready for mounting. Polypropylene is a UV stable 1.5mm thick plastic that is great for semi-permanent use outside in direct sunlight.
- Metal – 0.55mm thick sheet metal. All signs come with radius corners and 4 pre-drilled holes in each corner ready for mounting. Metals signs are heavy duty and great for permanent use inside and outside in all weather conditions.
- ACM Panel 3mm – 3mm mm thick Aluminium Composite Panel. All signs come with radius corners and 4 pre-drilled holes in each corner ready for mounting. ACM signs are rigid, heavy duty and great for permanent use inside and outside in all weather conditions. All signs are suitable for inside and outside use.
- Class 1 Reflective: Class 1 reflective is the higher grade of reflectivity, and it is identifiable by its honeycomb pattern. Class 1 Reflective is best suited for high intensity reflective signage and vehicle applications as it reflects light from wide angles. All signs used on a public road must be Class 1 to comply. This would include all street signs, speed limit signs and roadwork signage.
- Class 2 Reflective: Class 2 reflective is referred to as engineer grade and is commonly used for non critical, non regulatory applications that still require high visibility.
Viewing Distance and Size Guide