This Category 3D rear marker plate indicates the left and right extremities of a vehicle and include Do not overtake turning vehicle text.
A Category 34 rear marker plate feature a red symbol on yellow retroreflective background:
- Sold individually as either left or right hand side.
- 300mm x 400mm
- Class 1 (Class 400) retroreflective
- Aluminium, Steel or Self Adhesive Vinyl
- Designed and manufactured to meet the requirements of AS4001.1:2017 Part 1: Reflective rear marker plates
For instructions on placement of markers on vehicle please refer to the Nation Heavy Vehicle Registers information document.
For applicable vehicles a Category 31L, 33L or 34 plate may be required.
All signs are available in the following materials:
- Vinyl Sticker – Heavy duty self adhesive sticker
- Corflute – Corrugated plastic ideal for temporary use on building and construction sites and can be easily fixed to chain wire fences.
- Poly (Plastic) – Comes with rounded corners and pre-drilled holes in each corner ready for mounting. Polypropylene is a UV stable 1.5mm thick plastic that is great for semi-permanent use outside in direct sunlight.
- Metal – 0.55mm thick sheet metal. All signs come with radius corners and 4 pre-drilled holes in each corner ready for mounting. Metals signs are heavy duty and great for permanent use inside and outside in all weather conditions.
- Class 1 Reflective: Class 1 reflective is the higher grade of reflectivity, and it is identifiable by its honeycomb pattern. Class 1 Reflective is best suited for high intensity reflective signage and vehicle applications as it reflects light from wide angles. All signs used on a public road must be Class 1 to comply. This would include all street signs, speed limit signs and roadwork signage.
- Class 2 Reflective: Class 2 reflective is referred to as engineer grade and is commonly used for non critical, non regulatory applications that still require high visibility.
Viewing Distance and Size Guide