The importance in understanding and complying with the Signage Regulations within
Australia is paramount no matter what industry you are in.
Firstly, in order to comply with the signage regulations within Australia you need to ensure
you have a fire door that meets the individual requirements related to the establishment it is
Once you’ve got that ticked off, you can then check to make sure you’ve met the legislative
requirements for your Fire Door Signage. A very important set of standards that will help
keep you and your peers safe.
Here’s a checklist to help you out:
- Check your states legislative requirements for Fire Door Signage – as they differ
depending on your location.
- Ensure your signage is the right size!
- Place signage at eye level on door!
- Display your safety sign on both sides of the fire door!
- Ensure your safety sign is permanently attached! (If you can remove it, you’re not meeting the legislative requirements.)
- Check that your signage complies with the National Construction Code and Building Code of Australia’s fire door regulation as well as AS 2444-1995 – Portable fire extinguishers and fire blankets AS 1319-1994 Safety signs for the occupational environment
Because safety shouldn’t come at price.
Fire Door Signage not up to code? We’ve got you covered. Check out our range by clicking
Be sure to keep in touch on our social medias.